Guides & Articles
The Prudent Collector Sitemap
Collectible Brands and Manufacturers:
- Artist Bears - Teddy bears (many OOAK) created by fine artists from the finest materials.
- Baccarat Crystal - French maker of fine crystal stemware, scent and perfume bottles, vases, bowls, figurines, paperweights, jewelry, clocks and chandeliers.
- Beswick Pottery - English manufacturer of porcelain figurines including realistic animal figurines and classic Beatrix Potter figurines.
- Bing & Grondahl - Danish maker of fine porcelain figurines, collector's plates and dinnerware which merged with Royal Copenhagen in 1987.
- Blenko Glass - American glass maker and the only American manufacturer of antique or mouth blown sheet glass.
- Clarice Cliff - Ceramics designer most well known for her unique Art Deco designs and Bizarre Ware.
- Carl Radke - Phoenix Studios Art Glass - American pioneer in the renaissance of silver lustre glass and renowned for his beautiful vases, urns and numerous other art glass creations.
- Correia Art Glass - Art glass company founded by Steven Correia. Produces beautiful perfume bottles, vases, paperweights, bowls and lamps.
- Cow Parade - Figurine replicas of the life-sized fiberglass cow statues of the Cow Parade art exhibit.
- Dale Chihuly Glass - Pioneer of team based approach to blowing glass. Creates large multi-piece sculptures as well as bowls, baskets and chandeliers.
- Daum Nancy Crystal - French maker of crystal figurines, sculptures, bowls, vases and perfume bottles.
- Department 56 - Maker of a wide variety of decorative collectibles and giftware.
- Disney - Giuseppe Armani figurines and other Disneyana collectibles.
- Durand Art Glass - American glass maker that produced art glass from 1924 to 1931.
- Ephraim Faience Pottery - American art pottery maker of vases, bowls, tiles and lamps.
- Faberge - Maker of Faberge eggs, jewelry and other collectibles.
- Fenton Glass - Makers of iridescent carnival glass, milk glass and chocolate glass vases, bowls and baskets.
- Giuseppe Armani - Creator of fine figurines in the traditional Capodimonte style as well as contemporary styles. Famous for his Disney character figurines.
- Glass Eye Studio - Art glass studio based in the Pacific Northwest. Glass Eye Studio's works include vases, paperweights, bowls and ornaments.
- Goebel - Maker of figurines, sculptures and other collectibles. Most well known for manufacturing M.I. Hummel figurines.
- Artis Orbis Collection - Goebel's collection of fine giftware inspired by the world's most renowned paintings.
- Hagen-Renaker - Renowned designer and manufacturer of decorative animal figurines.
- Hallmark - Greeting card company which also offers a wide variety of Christmas ornaments.
- Jay Strongwater - Noted jewelry designer and creator of beautiful home decor including picture frames, clocks and decorative boxes.
- Jim Shore - Well known designer of figurines and numerous other decorative collectibles.
- Josh Simpson Art Glass - Noted glass artist most well known for his beautiful art glass planets. He also offers a fine variety of vases, paperweights, bowls and baskets.
- Kosta Boda - Swedish maker of fine crystal figurines, perfume bottles, sculptures, vases, bowls, stemware, candleholders and votives.
- Lalique Crystal - French manufacturer of crystal figurines, perfume bottles, statues, vases, chandeliers, clocks and jewelry.
- Lladro - Spanish makers of fine porcelain figurines and several other collectibles including decorative porcelain bells.
- Loetz Glass - Austrian maker of iridescent glass such as bowls, vases, compotes and plates. Pioneer in the field of Art Nouveau glass.
- Longaberger - American maker of woven baskets and accessories, wrought iron, purses and jewelry.
- Lotton Art Glass - Creator of art glass vases, paperweights, bowls, perfume bottles, sculptures and lamps.
- Lundberg Studios Art Glass - Maker of fine art glass vases, paperweights, lamps and perfume bottles.
- Meissen - Maker of fine porcelain china, figurines and vases.
- M.I. Hummel - Figurines and other collectibles designed by Sister Maria Innocentia Hummel and produced by Goebel.
- Murano Glass - Beautiful Italian art glass vases, perfume bottles, millefiori paperweights, lamps, jewelry, glass beads.
- Nao - Figurine brand which is part of the Lladro group.
- Oggetti - Importer and marketer of beautiful art glass objects. Oggetti partners with many glass artists of note.
- Orient and Flume - Makers of stunningly beautiful art glass paperweights, vases and sculptures.
- Orrefors - Swedish maker of crystal and art glass vases, bowls, figurines, stemware, sculptures, candleholders, pitchers and votives.
- Precious Moments - Figurines and other collectibles based on Sam Butcher's art.
- Quezal - Early 19th century maker of art glass and a major rival of Louis Comfort Tiffany.
- Rookwood Pottery - American maker of fine art pottery noted for introducing a number of innovative glazes.
- Roseville Pottery - American maker of art pottery vases, flower pots, jardinieres and urns.
- Royal Copenhagen Porcelain - Danish maker of porcelain china figurines, fine dinnerware and collector's plates. They are rather well known for their Christmas plates.
- Royal Doulton - Distinguished English maker of china dinnerware, figurines, toby jugs and character jugs.
- Steinbach Nutcrackers - Steinberg is a German family run maker of hand-carved wood nutcrackers and incense smokers.
- Steuben Glass - Maker of crystal and art glass sculptures, figurines, vases, bowls and glassware.
- Swarovski Crystal - Austrian maker of crystal figurines and jewelry.
- Tiffany Glass - Maker of stained glass lamps, windows and other glass collectibles.
- Van Briggle Pottery - American art pottery manufacturer from early 1900's through present day.
- Waterford Crystal - Irish maker of crystal stemware, vases, bowls, perfume bottles, lamps and Christmas ornaments.
- Weller Pottery - American pottery company which created many coveted vases, bowls and more in a large variety of patterns from 1872 to 1948.
- Zsolnay - Hungarian maker of porcelain figurines, vases, pitchers, bowls and china dinnerware. Famous for creating ceramics with their eosin iridescent glaze.
Informational Articles and Guides: